If you are experiencing or about to experience total tooth loss, then we highly recommend permanent dentures. Permanent dentures offer many benefits that other options cannot. Here are some of the reasons you will love your permanent dentures:
- Comfortable – Permanent dentures are comfortable and won’t slip while eating, laughing, or talking. They are better able to preserve the shape and integrity of your jaw bone and gums and therefore are able to stay in place better than removable dentures.
- Long Lasting – Permanent dentures can last up to 25 years with proper and regular dental care. This is a great improvement over removable dentures that last only 5-7 years.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Permanent dentures offer the best looking and most realistic dental option when you have experienced total tooth loss. They look great and will provide you with a beautiful smile.
- Improved Oral Health – Permanent dentures will help to restore your oral health. They do not slip and cause gum pain like temporary dentures do. They are very similar and comparable to your real teeth, giving you a similar bite and appearance to your normal teeth.
- Jawbone Health – One of the problems with complete dental loss is that the jawbone no longer has roots from the teeth that produce pressure and stimulus to help keep the jawbone strong and growing. When the roots of the teeth are missing, the jawbone will deteriorate. Permanent dentures replace the roots of the teeth and help to keep the jawbone from deteriorating.
If you are ready to experience the many benefits of permanent dentures, then give us a call at the office of Paul D. Nifong, Jr., DDS.